Oregon’s Willamette National Forest was selected to choose and supply the People’s Tree for 2018 for the grounds of the Capitol Building in Washington, D.C. The Willamette National Forest, together with Travel Oregon, has designed alogo that captures the beauty of the State of Oregon and the Willamette National Forest, with its snowcapped mountain, fields of green and lush forests. The trail leading to the tree symbolizes the adventurous spirit of Oregonians since early settlers first traversed the Oregon Trail. The logo encourages modern-day adventurers to #FindYourTrail in the Willamette National Forest.
- Papé and The Tree
- Tree Lighting Takes Place Dec. 6
- Meet the 9-year-old girl who helped Paul Ryan light the Capitol Christmas Tree
- Opinion: Thinking of my home, our state, my Oregon
- Tree Lighting date moved to December 6, 2018
- Companion trees, skirts and ornaments light up offices throughout D.C.
- From Oregon to D.C.: The ‘People’s Tree’ arrives at the U.S. Capitol for Christmas
- Holiday Tree Permits on sale at National Forest Offices
- Rolling into Scottsbluff, NE
- Law Enforcement Play Vital Role in Delivering Tree to D.C.
capitol christmas tree Willamette National Forest press Choose Outdoors ornaments hiking U.S. Capitol Christmas Travel Oregon U.S. Forest Service Kootenai National Forest