Oregon’s Willamette National Forest was selected to choose and supply the People’s Tree for 2018 for the grounds of the Capitol Building in Washington, D.C. The Willamette National Forest, together with Travel Oregon, has designed alogo that captures the beauty of the State of Oregon and the Willamette National Forest, with its snowcapped mountain, fields of green and lush forests. The trail leading to the tree symbolizes the adventurous spirit of Oregonians since early settlers first traversed the Oregon Trail. The logo encourages modern-day adventurers to #FindYourTrail in the Willamette National Forest.
- Governor Brown Launches 4th Grade Essay Contest: Win the chance to light the tree in D.C.!
- Instruction Guide now available for 3rd and 4th Grade Classrooms
- Find an ornament while finding a trail this weekend
- Be Bear Aware
- 2018 U.S. Capitol Christmas Tree from Willamette National Forest to Be Selected This Week by Architect of the U.S. Capitol
- Call for large ornaments
- Trail of the Month: Iron Mountain
- Trail of the Month: Crescent Mountain
- You're invited: Christmas in July at the Ballpark
- Find your trail, find the tree, and find your way to D.C.!
U.S. Forest Service hiking Choose Outdoors ornaments capitol christmas tree press U.S. Capitol Christmas Kootenai National Forest Travel Oregon Willamette National Forest